Pumpkin & Chicken Broth Soup
There’s nothing like sitting down to some warm soup on a cold winters day, its good for the soul and warms you from the core outward. I have a number of favourite recipes i go to when i am craving some comfort, but more recently i’ve found my cravings centre around broth based soups. There’s something so naturally invigorating about broth that nothing else can match. Very recently broth has become somewhat of trend as new broth-bars and ranges keep popping up all over the place, so we decided to try one out ( we tried Sadies Kitchen) in our favourite Pumpkin Soup recipe.
Recipe:Pumpkin Soup with Chicken Broth
1 x Pumpkin, cored and de-seeded, chopped into cubes
1 x Large Onion, finely chopped
A teaspoon of Nutmeg
2 x Cloves of Garlic
1 x Packet of Sadies Kitchen Chicken Broth
1 x Tablespoon of Sesame Oil
1 x Litre of Water
1 x Teaspoon of Paprika
1 x Teaspoon of fresh Ginger, finely chopped
Seasoning to taste with salt and Pepper
1. Toss the cubes of pumpkin in oil and pop on a roasting dish along with finely chopped garlic, season with salt and pepper and pop in the oven at 200degrees for 30mins, tossing every 10mins
2. Once the pumpkin has been roasted (pick with a fork to test softness), remove it from the over and place in a deep saucepan, Add the turmeric, paprika, ginger, onion and nutmeg and fry lightly until the onion has softened. Add Sadies Kitchen Chicken Broth and simmer for 10mins.
3. Transfer contents of the saucepan to a blender with 2 cups of water and blend to a smooth consistency, before transferring back to the saucepan.
4. Add remaining water, and bring the soup to a moderate heat, cooking for a further 10mins and making sure not to let it boil.
5. Season with salt and pepper to your own taste, making sure not to mask the spicy heat of the spices added previously.
6. Once fully heated through its ready to serve with a crusty piece of bread
Most importantly, enjoy!
For more broth recipes, read on or visit Sadies Kitchen here